Procurement plays a critical role in every organization’s (private or public) ability to meet its goals and objectives, yet it also constitutes a high-risk function. Procurement constitutes a significant proportion of gross national product and overall expenditure in all countries. It is central to the efficient delivery of services as well as infrastructure and has been identified as “sine qua non” for good governance. The procurement of projects (goods, works and services) is a function which involves series of processes, hence prone to abuse.
This course has been packaged to enhance the capacity of participants in assessing procurement operations for regularity i.e. compliance with the Public Procurement Act/Law and in verifying achievement of “value for money”. It will also enable them to assess the risks inherent in the procurement function, the strategic alliances that are often made, the information systems used, the management processes it affects and the bidding, contractor/consultant selection and contracting processes.
Specifically, by the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Detect and avoid the risks in every stage of the procurement processes.
- Ensure that every procurement complies with legal requirements of
competition; thereby preventing lawsuits from tenderers
- Understand the roles of BPP and the anti-graft agencies in Procurement
- Determine achievement of “value for money” in Procurement operations.
- Prevent and detect the risk of Fraud and corruption in the procurement
- Analyse organizational context, systems and procedures for:
- Segregation of functions, internal procurement planning and approval processes
- Assessment of risk at each step of the procurement process including those related to the choice of contract type and supervision of contract performance.
Module 1: Introduction to Procurement Audit and Types of Procurement Audit
Module 2: Identification of Risk Areas in Procurement of Goods, Works & Services
Module 3: Principles for Best Procurement Audit Arrangement
Module 4: Development of the Audit objectives and Audit Plan
Module 5: Checklist for Field Procurement Audit
Module 6: Procurement Audit: Roles of BPP, ICPC and EFCC
Module 7: Practical Class/Case Review
Module 8: Assessment Test
Module9: Group Photographs/Award of Certificates
Officers in Procurement, Finance/Accounts, Audit, Administration and Project Departments
How to Register
Register for the course by paying into our bank account on or before March 20, 2019.
ACCT NAME: DACA Consults Limited
ACCT NUMBER: ACCESS Bank Plc: 0692804007
For more information call 01 2911722